Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Scones
- 3/4 cup Brown Swerve, packed
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Lily’s chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips, 60% cocoa recommended
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (cold) cut into ¼ inch cubes or grated through a cheese grater
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Lily’s chocolate chips
- 3 TBS Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line cookie sheet parchment paper
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: Swerve, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and almond flour. Cut in the cold butter pieces with a fork or grate butter over dry mix, and with your fingers, mix butter into mixture until it resembles a course meal. Mix in the chocolate chips and cup of chopped pecans
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Fold together until just combined. Gently knead dough a few times.
- Split dough into even halves, and shape into two round disks, about 6 inches wide. Cut the disc like a pie into 6-8 pieces (depending on how large you like your scones)
- Place on parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake until the surface is set and ledges are lightly browned, and the bottoms of the scone are golden brown, about 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, melt the Brown Swerve and the butter together, whisking until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Whisk in the Swerve Confectioners, maple syrup, heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Quickly whisk in a pinch of xanthan gum and set aside for a few minutes to let glaze thicken. Drizzle over cooled scones.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over or dip cooled scones.
- If chocolate seizes or becomes dense, add another tablespoon of cream until it becomes smooth again
Makes 12-16 scones
Serving Size 1 scone
Servings 16 scones
|Total Fat 22g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 26g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Added Sugar 1g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.