- 3/4 cup Brown Swerve, packed
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Lily’s chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips, 60% cocoa recommended
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (cold) cut into ¼ inch cubes or grated through a cheese grater
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Lily’s chocolate chips
- 3 TBS Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line cookie sheet parchment paper
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: Swerve, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and almond flour. Cut in the cold butter pieces with a fork or grate butter over dry mix, and with your fingers, mix butter into mixture until it resembles a course meal. Mix in the chocolate chips and cup of chopped pecans
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Fold together until just combined. Gently knead dough a few times.
- Split dough into even halves, and shape into two round disks, about 6 inches wide. Cut the disc like a pie into 6-8 pieces (depending on how large you like your scones)
- Place on parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake until the surface is set and ledges are lightly browned, and the bottoms of the scone are golden brown, about 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, melt the Brown Swerve and the butter together, whisking until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Whisk in the Swerve Confectioners, maple syrup, heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Quickly whisk in a pinch of xanthan gum and set aside for a few minutes to let glaze thicken. Drizzle over cooled scones.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over or dip cooled scones.
- If chocolate seizes or becomes dense, add another tablespoon of cream until it becomes smooth again
Makes 12-16 scones
Pumpkin Scones 3
Serving Size 1 scone
Servings 16 scones
|Total Fat 22g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 26g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Added Sugar 1g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|