Cinnamon Bun Apple Pie
Cinnamon Bun Apple Pie
- 1 14.5 oz box refrigerated pie dough
- All-Purpose Flour for dusting
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 ⅛ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4-5 assorted apples, such as McIntosh, Granny Smith & Pink Lady (about 2 lbs)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup of Swerve, Confectioners
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus more if needed
- Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a 9 inch pie plate with 1 piece of dough.
- To make the cinnamon roll crust, lay the remaining piece of dough on a lightly floured surface or parchment paper, and spread butter evenly on top.
- Combine ¼ cup Swerve, Granular and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the butter. Gently press with your fingers to help the mixture adhere.
- Roll the dough into a tight log. Trim and discard about 1 ½ inches from both ends; cut the remaining log crosswise into ½ inch thick pieces. Arrange the pieces cut-side down in a snug circle on floured parchment paper. Lightly dust with more flour, then gently roll out into a 10 inch round. Slide the parchment onto a baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to assemble the pie.
- Peel and thinly slice the apples, then toss with the lemon juice, vanilla, and remaining ¼ cup Granular Swerve and ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour into dough-lined pie dish.
- Transfer to the cinnamon roll crust dough onto pie. Invert the crust on top of the pie and peel away the parchment paper. (It’s okay if the individual rounds separate a little in the process)
- Pinch the crusts together; Fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp as desired.Brush with the beaten egg.
- Set the pie on the hot baking sheet in the oven & bake until crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling - about 50 minutes. *Tent loosely with foil if the top browns too fast.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to set the pie.
- While the pie is cooling, make the glaze. Whisk together Swerve, Confectioners and milk in a bowl until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk.
- Drizzle over the warm pie and enjoy with homemade Swerved Ice Cream!
Recipe inspired by Food Network Kitchen
Serving Size 1 slice
Servings 8 slices
|Total Fat 16g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 66g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 41g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.