Classic Italian Christmas Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp anise extract (or vanilla, if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (or Half and Half)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Holiday sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the Swerve until well combined. Beat in the egg and anise extract. Then beat in the almond flour mixture until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. You will get 24 to 28 balls. Press the balls down with the palm of your hand to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake about 12 minutes, until just barely beginning to firm up. Remove and let cool on the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Swerve, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Dip the top of the cookies into the glaze and set back on the pan. Sprinkle as desired.
- Makes 24 cookies.
Serving Size 2
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat no|
|Total Carbs 16g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our moderators to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.