- 1 cup Ginger Root Beer Zevia
- 1 stick butter
- 3 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granular Swerve
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 TBS plus 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 TBS of whipping cream or milk
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cups confectioner's Swerve
For the Cake
- In a saucepan, mix Zevia, butter and cocoa powder and bring to a boil (let boil for 5 minutes and stir occasionally).
- In another bowl, combine the Swerve granular, almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein powder, and salt.
- Pour the boiling Zevia mixture over the flour mixture and beat well.
- Add the eggs, milk, baking powder and vanilla, and beat well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan and bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the middle to make sure it is done.
- Remove pan. Cool for about 10 minutes before frosting.
For the Frosting
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, and milk.
- Heat until the butter melts.
- Pour butter mixture in an electric mixer bowl.
- With electric mixer or with a hand mixer, beat in the remaining frosting ingredients, including Swerve Confectioners, and spread or pour onto the cake while it's still warm.
Serving Size 1 (104g)
|Total Fat 27g|
|Total Saturated Fat 13g|
|Total Carbs 29g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|