- 1 cup Ginger Root Beer Zevia
- 1 stick butter
- 3 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granular Swerve
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 TBS plus 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 TBS of whipping cream or milk
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cups confectioner's Swerve
For the Cake
- In a saucepan, mix Zevia, butter and cocoa powder and bring to a boil (let boil for 5 minutes and stir occasionally).
- In another bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein powder, and salt.
- Pour the boiling Zevia mixture over the flour mixture and beat well.
- Add the eggs, milk, baking powder and vanilla, and beat well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan and bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the middle to make sure it is done.
- Remove pan. Cool for about 10 minutes before frosting.
For the Frosting
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, and milk.
- Heat until the butter melts.
- Pour butter mixture in an electric mixer bowl.
- With electric mixer or with a hand mixer, beat in the remaining frosting ingredients and spread or pour onto the cake while it's still warm.
Serving Size 1 (104g)
|Total Fat 27g|
|Total Saturated Fat 13g|
|Total Carbs 29g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.