- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into two pieces
- 1 tsp orange extract
- ⅛ tsp xanthan gum
- 6 tbsp Swerve Sweetener, Confectioners
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- 1 to 2 drops natural red food coloring (optional)
- 1 to 2 drops natural yellow food coloring (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together cream, egg yolks, orange juice, and orange zest. Cook, whisking frequently, until mixture thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and orange extract. Sprinkle with xanthan gum and whisk quickly to combine. Stir in sweetener.
- Whisk in sour cream until no lumps remain. Add food coloring, if desired, to get a more orange color. Divide mixture among popsicle molds and place wooden sticks about ⅔ of the way into each. Freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours.
Makes 6 medium size popsicles.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 17g|
|Total Saturated Fat 10g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.