- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into two pieces
- 1 tsp orange extract
- ⅛ tsp xanthan gum
- 6 tbsp Swerve Sweetener, Confectioners
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- 1 to 2 drops natural red food coloring (optional)
- 1 to 2 drops natural yellow food coloring (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together cream, egg yolks, orange juice, and orange zest. Cook, whisking frequently, until mixture thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and orange extract. Sprinkle with xanthan gum and whisk quickly to combine. Stir in sweetener.
- Whisk in sour cream until no lumps remain. Add food coloring, if desired, to get a more orange color. Divide mixture among popsicle molds and place wooden sticks about ⅔ of the way into each. Freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours.
Makes 6 medium size popsicles.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 17g|
|Total Saturated Fat 10g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|