- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons Swerve Granular
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Place cream in a medium saucepan. Split vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out seeds with a sharp knife. Add seeds and pod to the cream. Cook over medium heat until cream just barely simmers. Remove from heat, cover and let steep 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat yolks with 4 tablespoons Swerve until well combined. Remove the vanilla pod and slowly whisk cream into the yolks, stirring continuously.
- Divide mixture among 4 ramekins. Set the ramekins inside a larger baking dish and add boiling water to about halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake until custard is just barely set, about 30 to 45 minutes. The center of each should still jiggle slightly when moved. Total baking time will depend on how deep or shallow the ramekins are.
- Remove from oven, cool and then cover each with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat broiler and set oven rack in the highest position. Sprinkle the top of each with remaining Swerve and broil, watching very carefully, until topping has bubbled and caramelized. This should take only a minute or two. Remove and let sit until topping hardens.
- Alternatively, you can use a small kitchen torch to brown the topping.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 30g|
|Total Saturated Fat 18g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.