- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of Swerve Granular
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup of half and half
- 1 cup Swerve Condensed milk
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1/8 cup of almond milk
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup Confectioner's Swerve
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 13 by 9-inch metal or glass pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt and set aside.
- Place the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until fluffy, approximately 1 minute. Decrease the speed to low and with the mixer still running, gradually add the Swerve. Mix on medium for 5 minutes until Swerve and butter cream together. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture, then add half of almond milk and mix on low speed. Add rest of flour mixture, and then add remaining almond milk and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes if in a metal pan, and 30-35 minutes if in a glass pan or until the cake is lightly golden and the top is firm to the touch.
- Remove the cake from the oven to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, poke the top of the warm cake all over with a skewer, back of a wooden spoon or meat thermometer.
For the Glaze
- Whisk together the almond milk, swerved condensed milk, coconut milk and the half-and-half in a 1-quart measuring cup. Once combined, pour the glaze over the warm cake. Let sit on counter for 30 minutes, and ensure the holes are big enough for the glaze to fill. Cover with saran wrap/cling wrap and refrigerate the cake overnight or for four hours.
For the Whipped Cream
- Place the heavy cream, Swerve and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Using the whisk attachment, whisk together on medium until stiff peaks are formed. Change to high speed and whisk until thick. Watch the whipped cream at this stage. You do not want to over beat.
- Spread the topping over the cake, cover with saran wrap, and allow to chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Makes about 20 servings.
Serving Size 1 piece
|Total Fat 24g|
|Total Saturated Fat 12g|
|Total Carbs 25g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|