Death by Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Set the shredded zucchini in a sieve in the sink and sprinkle with salt. Toss to combine and let drain one hour. Then place the zucchini in a tea towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Line the pan with parchment paper with overhanging sides for easy removal and grease the parchment paper.
- Place the cake mix in a large bowl and use a rubber spatula to break up any clumps. Add the zucchini, eggs, butter, water, and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes, until the top is firm to the touch and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan, then lift out by the parchment carefully.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to just a simmer, then remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth. Whisk in the sweetener and vanilla extract
- Let cool another 5 to 10 minutes to thicken, then slowly pour over the cake, letting the glaze drip down the sides. Refrigerate 1 hour to set the glaze before serving.
Note: Add ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips to the batter if you REALLY love chocolate!
Serving Size 65g
|Total Fat 14g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbs 15g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.