Ding Dong Cake
- 1 package Swerve Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp grassfed gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease 2 8 inch baking pans. Line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper and grease the parchment.
- Prepare the cake batter according to the directions. Divide evenly among the two pans and spread to the edges. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely, then flip out onto a wire rack.
- Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Whisk to combine. Heat for about 30 seconds in the microwave and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved. Cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream, Swerve, and vanilla extract. Begin to beat at high speed and slowly pour in the water/gelatin mixture. Beat until the cream holds stiff peaks.
- Place one layer of cake on a serving platter and spread with the cream filling. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up. Top with the second layer of cake.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream and sweetener. Bring to just a simmer, then remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate and vanilla extract. Let sit 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth.
- Let cool another 5 to 10 minutes to thicken, then slowly pour of the cake. You can use an offset spatula to cover the sides or simply let it drip down. Let set 20 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 30g|
|Total Saturated Fat 12g|
|Total Carbs 25g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|