- 1 cup milk (not nonfat) or water
- 4 tablespoons (56 g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Granular
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup of Swerve, Granular divided
- 2 TBS Tapioca Starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs + 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup Confectioners, Swerve
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp sour cream
For the Pastry
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Heat the milk, butter, and salt in a medium-size, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until the butter is completely melted and the mixture begins to simmer or you see steam (about 5 minutes).
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the flours and baking soda, stirring vigorously for about a minute.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook, continue stirring vigorously, until the mixture begins to pull away from the sides of the pan and comes together in a ball (about 2 minutes). A thin film will form on the bottom of the pan. Remove from the heat, and allow the mixture to cool for at least 5 minutes, or until it is no longer hot to the touch.
- Transfer half the cooled dough to a blender or food processor. Pour the beaten eggs on top and then add the rest of the dough. Pulse until the mixture is smooth and well-blended (looks like thickened pancake batter).
- Transfer the dough from the blender or food processor to a pastry bag fitted with a large, plain piping tip. Pipe the dough into strips, about 1-inch wide and 4 inches long, about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the eclairs in the center of the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until pale and golden. Turn off the oven, and prop open the oven door slightly. Allow them to sit in the oven until dry (about 30 minutes).
For the Filling
- Combine 1/3 cup Swerve, Granular, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, and salt in medium, heat proof bowl. Whisk in eggs and yolks until fully combined.
- Heat heavy cream over medium heat until just simmering, then slowly pour a couple of tablespoons of the cream into egg mixture in bowl and whisk (helps to acclimate the egg so it doesn’t cook). Pour in remaining cream and whisk until well combined.
- Add mixture back into sauce pan on medium low heat and whisk continuously until mixture begins to thicken- around 5 minutes. Do not let it boil, or the eggs will scramble.
- Once thickened, stir in remaining Swerve, butter, and vanilla extract, then pour through a strainer into a glass or metal bowl. Set bowl in ice bath and let cool down.
- Transfer filling to icing bag (I tie off the end with cooking twine or rubber band) and place in fridge to chill until use.
For the Ganache
- On medium low heat cook the chocolate, heavy cream, swerve, and sour cream, whisking often until smooth and warm.
- Cut pastries in half like a sandwich.
- Pipe filling onto bottom half of pastry, maybe a fourth of an inch high.
- Place the top of the pastry on top of the cream.
- Carefully spoon on chocolate and spread around. Set aside and let chocolate cool.
Makes about 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 eclair
|Total Fat 29g|
|Total Saturated Fat 16g|
|Total Carbs 29g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.