- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners
- 1/2 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped macadamia nuts (or other toasted nuts, if you prefer)
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil.
- In a medium heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, combine Swerve and butter and stir until Swerve is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook without stirring until mixture darkens to a deep amber, about 5 to 7 minutes (time may vary depending on the quality of your cookware).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and salt. If the mixture appears to be separating, stir in 2 tbsp of powdered Swerve Sweetener until it comes back together. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate chips and butter together until smooth. Spread over cooled toffee.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and refrigerate until set.
Makes about 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 piece (about 1.5 oz)
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 7g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|