English Toffee with Macadamia Nuts
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners
- 1/2 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped macadamia nuts (or other toasted nuts, if you prefer)
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil.
- In a medium heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, combine Swerve and butter and stir until Swerve is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook without stirring until mixture darkens to a deep amber, about 5 to 7 minutes (time may vary depending on the quality of your cookware).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and salt. If the mixture appears to be separating, stir in 2 tbsp of powdered Swerve Sweetener until it comes back together. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate chips and butter together until smooth. Spread over cooled toffee.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and refrigerate until set.
Makes about 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 piece (about 1.5 oz)
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 7g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.