- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 tbsp molasses (optional, helps colour and flavour)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream mixed with water (about half of each)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tbsp Swerve, Confectioners
- 6 tbsp cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 12-cavity muffin pan with paper liners (I suggest parchment for easy release muffins).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, whey protein powder, ginger, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat butter with Swerve until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in molasses, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Beat in half of the almond flour mixture, then the cream/water mixture, and then the remaining almond flour mixture, until well combined. Scrape down beaters and sides of bowl as needed.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups and bake 28 to 32 minutes, until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until smooth. Beat in powdered Swerve until combined. Beat in cream and vanilla until a spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Serving Size 1 cupcake
|Total Fat 36g|
|Total Saturated Fat 16g|
|Total Carbs 25g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|