- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 to 4 teaspoons ground ginger (depending on how gingery you like it)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond butter (stir well before measuring)
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the almond butter and butter together. Beat in the Swerve until well combined, then beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour mixture and beat until fully incorporated. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Cover a flat bottomed glass with parchment or cling wrap and use to press the balls down into ¼ inch thick circles.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until they are just set. Remove from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 200F. Place the cookies back inside until they are golden brown and quite firm to the touch, about 20 more minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely. They will crisp up as they cool.
*Note: the thinner and smaller you make the cookies, the crispier they will be.
Makes about 24 cookies. 2 cookies per serving.
Serving Size 2 cookies
|Total Fat 14g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3.5g|
|Total Carbs 16g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|