Candy Cane Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Swerve, confectioners
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract or flavoring
- 1 3/4 cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup whey protein powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp red natural food coloring (we use Watkins)
- ½ cup of Swerve, confectioners
- 2 tbs of skim milk
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract/flavoring or to taste
- Combine first 10 ingredients and mix well.
- Divide dough in half.
- Add Red food coloring to one half of dough; mix well into half of dough.
- Place both balls of dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a teaspoon of each dough (plain and red) into a four inch long rope.
- Place side by side, and gently twist together, place on ungreased cookie sheet and curve one end of the cane to form a candy cane- be careful to not let dough break.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes just until edges brown.
- Let cookies cool on sheet.
- Mix glaze ingredients and gently brush onto each cooled cookie.
Makes about 24 servings.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 8g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbs 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 0g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.