- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Swerve, confectioners
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract or flavoring
- 1 3/4 cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup whey protein powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp red natural food coloring (we use Watkins)
- ½ cup of Swerve, confectioners
- 2 tbs of skim milk
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract/flavoring or to taste
- Combine first 10 ingredients and mix well.
- Divide dough in half.
- Add Red food coloring to one half of dough; mix well into half of dough.
- Place both balls of dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a teaspoon of each dough (plain and red) into a four inch long rope.
- Place side by side, and gently twist together, place on ungreased cookie sheet and curve one end of the cane to form a candy cane- be careful to not let dough break.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes just until edges brown.
- Let cookies cool on sheet.
- Mix glaze ingredients and gently brush onto each cooled cookie.
Makes about 24 servings.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 8g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbs 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 0g|