Gluten Free Irish Boozy Cupcakes
- 1 cup of Bard's Tale Beer (or gluten free beer of choice)
- 6 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup Swerve, Granular
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 ½ cups of fine almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened protein powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons Jameson Irish Whiskey (or gluten free whiskey of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cupcake tin by adding cupcake liners.
- In a medium saucepan on low heat, combine beer & butter. Keep on low until butter dissolves.
- Once butter is melted, slowly whisk in Swerve, cocoa and espresso until they have completely dissolved.
- Sprinkle xanthan gum over chocolate mixture and whisk in rapidly. Set mixture aside and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes (room temperature is fine but no hotter) In the meantime, sift together almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Pour baking soda and vinegar mixture into vanilla and eggs mixture and
beat on low until combined.
- Then from the stovetop, take the chocolate mixture and slowly blend into
the egg mixture keeping mixer speed on low.
- Add flour mixture one cup at a time and mix on medium speed until well blended, but do not overmix.
- Pour cupcake mixture into the prepared cupcake lines to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick insert into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Note: Cupcakes will drop a bit in the middle because of the beer, but with icing on top no one will know!
- Cream the softened butter in the bowl of a mixer.
- Gradually add the Swerve Confectioners and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add the Irish Whiskey One Tablespoon at a time and combine thoroughly.
- Spread on cupcakes with a knife or offset spatula or pipe using a piping bag and tip.
Serving Size 1 cupcake
|Total Fat 14g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 24g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|