Gluten Free Irish Boozy Cupcakes
- 1 cup of Bard's Tale Beer (or gluten free beer of choice)
- 6 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup Swerve, Granular
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 ½ cups of fine almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened protein powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons Jameson Irish Whiskey (or gluten free whiskey of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cupcake tin by adding cupcake liners.
- In a medium saucepan on low heat, combine beer & butter. Keep on low until butter dissolves.
- Once butter is melted, slowly whisk in Swerve, cocoa and espresso until they have completely dissolved.
- Sprinkle xanthan gum over chocolate mixture and whisk in rapidly. Set mixture aside and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes (room temperature is fine but no hotter) In the meantime, sift together almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Pour baking soda and vinegar mixture into vanilla and eggs mixture and
beat on low until combined.
- Then from the stovetop, take the chocolate mixture and slowly blend into
the egg mixture keeping mixer speed on low.
- Add flour mixture one cup at a time and mix on medium speed until well blended, but do not overmix.
- Pour cupcake mixture into the prepared cupcake lines to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick insert into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Note: Cupcakes will drop a bit in the middle because of the beer, but with icing on top no one will know!
- Cream the softened butter in the bowl of a mixer.
- Gradually add the Swerve Confectioners and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add the Irish Whiskey One Tablespoon at a time and combine thoroughly.
- Spread on cupcakes with a knife or offset spatula or pipe using a piping bag and tip.
Serving Size 1 cupcake
|Total Fat 14g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 24g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.