Homemade Tagalongs (Peanut Butter Patties)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 7 ounces 85 to 90% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 300F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, baking powder and salt. Add egg, butter and vanilla extract until well combined and dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a large piece of parchment and pat into a disc. Top with another piece of parchment and roll out to ¼ inch thickness. Use a 2 inch round cookie cutter to cut out as many circles as possible.
- Lift circles carefully with a sharp knife or offset spatula and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Gather and reroll dough until no more circles can be cut out. You should get about 36 cookies.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes, until cookies are just browning around edges and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely.
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter and butter together on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Whisk in powdered Swerve until smooth.
- Spread about one to two teaspoons of peanut butter filling onto the top of each cookie and place on cookie sheets. Freeze cookies until firm.
- Set a heat-proof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Add chopped chocolate and butter and stir until melted and smooth.
- Working with one frozen cookie at a time, add to melted chocolate and toss gently with a fork to coat. Tap fork firmly against the side of the bowl to remove as much excess chocolate as possible and transfer cookie to a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet or platter.
- Repeat with remaining cookies. Try to keep most of them in the freezer as much as possible so that they don’t thaw before being dipped.
Makes 36 cookies. 2 cookies per serving.
Serving Size 2 cookies
|Total Fat 21g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 17g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 7g|