Homemade Tagalongs (Peanut Butter Patties)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 7 ounces 85 to 90% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 300F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, baking powder and salt. Add egg, butter and vanilla extract until well combined and dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a large piece of parchment and pat into a disc. Top with another piece of parchment and roll out to ¼ inch thickness. Use a 2 inch round cookie cutter to cut out as many circles as possible.
- Lift circles carefully with a sharp knife or offset spatula and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Gather and reroll dough until no more circles can be cut out. You should get about 36 cookies.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes, until cookies are just browning around edges and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely.
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter and butter together on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Whisk in powdered Swerve until smooth.
- Spread about one to two teaspoons of peanut butter filling onto the top of each cookie and place on cookie sheets. Freeze cookies until firm.
- Set a heat-proof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Add chopped chocolate and butter and stir until melted and smooth.
- Working with one frozen cookie at a time, add to melted chocolate and toss gently with a fork to coat. Tap fork firmly against the side of the bowl to remove as much excess chocolate as possible and transfer cookie to a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet or platter.
- Repeat with remaining cookies. Try to keep most of them in the freezer as much as possible so that they don’t thaw before being dipped.
Makes 36 cookies. 2 cookies per serving.
Serving Size 2 cookies
|Total Fat 21g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 17g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 7g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.