- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup Swerve Granular
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 chamomile tea bags (open tea bags, and use the dried tea leaves), optional
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or vegetable oil
- ½ to ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet or two standard baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Toss all the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a food processor and pulse until the chickpeas are pureed and everything is well combined. Do not over-mix. Turn off the motor, remove the blade, and mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
Place 1 heaping tablespoon of batter per cookie on the prepared baking sheet(s). Next, slightly dampen two fingers with water and gently press down on each mound of batter to flatten into cookie shapes (unlike classic cookies, these will not automatically flatten out in the oven, so this is an important step). Sprinkle a few extra decorative chocolate chips on top. Place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until they’re light golden brown.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 9g|
|Total Saturated Fat 2g|
|Total Carbs 13g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 7g|