- 4 wild salmon filets, about 6 ounces each
- ¼ cup miso paste, white/yellow variety
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Swerve
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger (or 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder)
- Optional: 1 bunch sliced scallions
- To make the miso sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together miso, rice vinegar, Swerve brown sugar replacement, soy sauce, garlic and ginger until completely smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare the salmon: Liberally mist a baking sheet with oil spray and set aside. Pat salmon filets dry, then place on the baking sheet skin side down and brush each with about 2 tablespoons miso sauce. Allow them to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Set oven to broil. Place salmon in oven on middle rack and cook for about 8 minutes. Transfer to top rack and cook another 2 to 5 minutes to brown and crisp tops, and cook to desired doneness.
- Transfer to serving dish, brush each filet with additional miso sauce (using a clean brush or fresh spoon) and sprinkle on optional chopped scallions.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 6g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbs 14g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|