- 1 cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate
- 3 TBS milk
- 2 medium slightly ripe avocados
- ¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 TBS butter, room temperature
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350, and line 11x 7 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (Swerve, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt) and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a microwave or double boiler melt unsweetened chocolate and milk together. Whisk until combined. If you are using a microwave, melt chocolate and milk on 10 second intervals- stirring in between each interval. Set aside or remove from burner.
- Cut avocados in half- remove pit, and spoon avocado out of shell. Place in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Add each of the wet ingredients (melted chocolate, sour cream, butter, vanilla) one at a time to the smooth avocado mixture, and process for a few seconds until all of the wet ingredients have been added to the food processor and are combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet avocado mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour or spoon batter into parchment paper lined baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool and slice into serving size of choice - normally makes 12 to 16 brownies.
Note: If your avocados are too ripe, the brownies will taste too earthy. They should still be firm.
Makes 12-16 servings
Avocado Brownie 3
Serving Size 1 brownie
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbs 24g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|