Keto Buttercream Easter Eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or other flavors like cherry or raspberry)
- Natural food coloring, if desired
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- ¾ ounce cocoa butter or 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the sweetener and beat in until well combined. The mixture will be very thick.
- Add the cream and beat in until smooth. Add any extract you like (you can also divide the mixture in half and do two versions) and a little food coloring, if desired. Beat until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least one hour. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the buttercream mixture onto the sheet and shape with your hands into an egg shape about 2 inches long. Repeat with the remaining mixture. If it’s really sticky, dust with a little additional Swerve, Confectioners as you shape it.
- Freeze the shaped eggs for at least 2 hours.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate with the cocoa butter or coconut oil, stirring until smooth. Dip the eggs one at a time, tossing to coat. Lift out with a fork and tap firmly against the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Place back on the waxed paper lined sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs. Drizzle any remaining chocolate over the eggs and let set until the chocolate is firm.
Makes about 12 servings.
Buttercream Easter Eggs 2
Serving Size 1 egg
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 10g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.