Keto Buttercream Easter Eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or other flavors like cherry or raspberry)
- Natural food coloring, if desired
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- ¾ ounce cocoa butter or 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the sweetener and beat in until well combined. The mixture will be very thick.
- Add the cream and beat in until smooth. Add any extract you like (you can also divide the mixture in half and do two versions) and a little food coloring, if desired. Beat until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least one hour. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the buttercream mixture onto the sheet and shape with your hands into an egg shape about 2 inches long. Repeat with the remaining mixture. If it’s really sticky, dust with a little additional Swerve, Confectioners as you shape it.
- Freeze the shaped eggs for at least 2 hours.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate with the cocoa butter or coconut oil, stirring until smooth. Dip the eggs one at a time, tossing to coat. Lift out with a fork and tap firmly against the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Place back on the waxed paper lined sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs. Drizzle any remaining chocolate over the eggs and let set until the chocolate is firm.
Makes about 12 servings.
Buttercream Easter Eggs 2
Serving Size 1 egg
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 10g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|