Keto Chocolate Turtles
- 1 1/2 cup pecans
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 tbsp Swerve, Granular
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar OR 2 tsp molasses (optional, for color and flavor)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- ¾ tsp table or kosher salt
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Confectioners, Swerve
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
Toasted Pecans (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (same temperature as the brownie batter).
- Place pecans on rimmed cookie sheet, and toast for 5-7 minutes. They should be aromatic but not burned.
- Let pecans cool and place 4 pecans in a turtle leg position on parchment paper (see recipe photo). If you didn’t toast, just set 4 pecans in turtle leg position on parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, Swerve, and coconut sugar or molasses. Bring to a boil and cook 3 to 5 minutes (be careful not to burn it).
- Remove from heat and add cream. Mixture will bubble vigorously.
- Sprinkle with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Add salt.
- Return mixture to heat and boil 1 more minute. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon a teaspoon and half of caramel onto the middle of turtle pecans. (where the sides of the four pecans meet).
- Set aside and let cool for 30 minutes.
*Inspiration and base of the caramel came from Carolyn Ketchum’s Salted Caramel Sheet Cake
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the chocolate, heavy cream, Swerve, and sour cream.
- Whisk the mixture continuously until ganache is smooth and warm.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and place a teaspoon of chocolate on top of hardened caramel on each “turtle.”
- Set cookie sheets with turtles aside and let cool for 30 minutes to an hour. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 24 turtles (2 per serving).
*Turtles can be stored in the fridge for a week for snacking or serving at a party!
Serving Size 2 turtles
|Total Fat 22g|
|Total Saturated Fat 9g|
|Total Carbs 16g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.