Keto Lime Tart with Tequila Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 1/4 cup Pamela’s Nut Blend flour
- 3 TBSP Swerve, Granular
- 4 TBSP butter
- Zest of 2-4 large limes (depending on desired tartness)
- 1 ½ cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 5 TBSP of unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup lime juice (about 2-4 limes)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 TBSP butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 ½ TBSP Tequila
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine Nut Blend flour, Swerve, and butter. Mix together with a fork until well combined. Press into 9-in or 9.5 inch tart pan.
- Bake for 15 -17 minutes. Let cool completely.
- While tart is baking, make the filling. Place zest and Swerve in a food processor, and blend until combined. Set aside. (You can skip this step if you don't have a food processor; just mix it together in a bowl with a whisk)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter with the Swerve and lime zest. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then add vanilla extract, lime juice and salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 2-quart saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. The lime curd will thicken at about 175 degrees F, or just below a simmer.
- Remove from heat, and pour warm lime curd into cooled tart shell, and allow to set at room temperature. Once set, serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a mixer on medium speed, combine cream cheese, butter and Swerve for about 2 minutes. Once combined, add tequila, and whip for another three minutes, scraping the side of the mixer bowl as you mix.
- Place into an icing bag and place dollop on each slice of tart.
*Note: This tart can also be served up to four days after making. Just place it in the fridge and enjoy!
Makes 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 23g|
|Total Saturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbs 32g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.