- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 3 - 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 cup to 1 1/2 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped clean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup crushed walnuts or pecans, keeping some larger than others, plus more for garnish if desired
- 3/4 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the almond milk in a small saucepan (or small microwave safe bowl). Sift the gelatin into the almond milk. Heat mixture until the gelatin melts, over medium high heat for about 2 minutes (or in the microwave for 10 seconds or until liquefied).
- In an electric mixer, add in the almond milk mixture, cream cheese, pumpkin, Swerve and pumpkin pie spice and mix well. Add extract and beat until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Pour the batter into a silicone bundt pan. Gently put the mold in the freezer while you make the crust and coating.
- To make the crust, place the butter in a large saucepan and heat until butter starts to bubble and brown flecks appear, stirring often.
- Once the butter is dark brown, but not black, add the Swerve. Remove from heat and add the crushed nuts and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- Remove cheesecake from the freezer. Place the nut mixture onto the cheesecake layer while still in the mold (this will be your crust).
- Place back into the freezer. Once the cheesecake is totally frozen, remove it from the mold. Place on a serving platter with the crust side down. Garnish with walnuts if desired. Store in fridge for up to 3 days or freezer for up to a month. Allow to thaw before cutting into slices for serving.
Makes 12-16 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 31g|
|Total Saturated Fat 16g|
|Total Carbs 28g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|