Keto Pumpkin Spice Sticky Buns
- 3 cups of mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Swerve Granular
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Swerve Granular
- 1 ½ TBS pumpkin spice blend
- 2/3 cup pure canned pumpkin
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- 3 TBS Swerve Confectioners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large bowl. Place in the microwave for 60 seconds. Mix cheeses together. Then microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the microwave. Stir in the almond flour, Swerve, and baking powder.
- Add in the egg. Stir until the mixture forms into a ball.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat working surface and dust with coconut or almond flour.
- Make the dough into a ball, remove from bowl, and place on dusted parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the dough to help roll out and flatten the dough. I use a rolling pin over the parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick, and 12 by 12 inches.
- Spread room temperature butter over the dough using a spatula. Spread the pumpkin puree onto the buttered dough.
- Place the Swerve, Granular and pumpkin spice into a bowl and mix with a spoon. Sprinkle the mixture evenly across the dough.
- Warning be very careful in this step because dough could tear- Carefully, roll the bottom of the dough up once to begin to form a cylinder. Then use the bottom layer parchment paper to continue to roll the dough up to form one large roll. Dough is forgiving and can patch holes with a little water on your fingertips and then pinch the tears to seal them.
- Slice the dough into equal sized 8 pieces. (If they tear it is okay- the dough will come together when baked)
- Place the rolls in a round greased cake pan with a little space in between them, and place them in pre- heated oven for 35 - 40 minutes until golden brown.
- While sticky buns are cooking, make the glaze.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour and spread glaze on dough in pan and serve hot!
- While buns cool, make glaze by adding cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and Swerve Confectioners in a medium bowl, and whisk until well combined.
- Place in a small sauce pan, and on low heat, warm mixture until it becomes pourable.
- Pour over buns and enjoy warm!
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 16g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|