Keto Pumpkin Spice Sticky Buns
- 3 cups of mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Swerve Granular
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Swerve Granular
- 1 ½ TBS pumpkin spice blend
- 2/3 cup pure canned pumpkin
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- 3 TBS Swerve Confectioners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large bowl. Place in the microwave for 60 seconds. Mix cheeses together. Then microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the microwave. Stir in the almond flour, Swerve, and baking powder.
- Add in the egg. Stir until the mixture forms into a ball.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat working surface and dust with coconut or almond flour.
- Make the dough into a ball, remove from bowl, and place on dusted parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the dough to help roll out and flatten the dough. I use a rolling pin over the parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick, and 12 by 12 inches.
- Spread room temperature butter over the dough using a spatula. Spread the pumpkin puree onto the buttered dough.
- Place the Swerve, Granular and pumpkin spice into a bowl and mix with a spoon. Sprinkle the mixture evenly across the dough.
- Warning be very careful in this step because dough could tear- Carefully, roll the bottom of the dough up once to begin to form a cylinder. Then use the bottom layer parchment paper to continue to roll the dough up to form one large roll. Dough is forgiving and can patch holes with a little water on your fingertips and then pinch the tears to seal them.
- Slice the dough into equal sized 8 pieces. (If they tear it is okay- the dough will come together when baked)
- Place the rolls in a round greased cake pan with a little space in between them, and place them in pre- heated oven for 35 - 40 minutes until golden brown.
- While sticky buns are cooking, make the glaze.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour and spread glaze on dough in pan and serve hot!
- While buns cool, make glaze by adding cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and Swerve Confectioners in a medium bowl, and whisk until well combined.
- Place in a small sauce pan, and on low heat, warm mixture until it becomes pourable.
- Pour over buns and enjoy warm!
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 16g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.