- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup of butter or coconut oil (cold)
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 TBS cold water
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 TBS grated lemon zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup of unsweetened protein powder
- ½ tsp of xanthan gum
For the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Excessively grease a 8 X 8 glass dish. If you do not do this, the shortbread will stick to the pan.
- For the shortbread, in a medium mixing bowl or food processor, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, and Salt together. Cut cold butter into small pieces or squares. Pulse in a food processor, or press into dry mixture with a fork until it looks like corn meal (it is okay to have some chunks of butter in your mixture- this is shortbread). Add two TBS of cold water to the mixture- it should begin to loosely combine. Place in greased dish and press dough evenly into dish. It will come together when you press it into dish. Bake for 20- 25 minutes, until edges are brown, and parts of the shortbread surface lightly browns. Remove from oven, and let cool.
For the Filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, Swerve, lemon zest, lemon juice, protein powder, coconut flour, and xanthan gum until well combined.
- Pour over the cooled crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into square and dust with Swerve, confectioners.
- Note: I bake on parchment paper for easy removal from dish. If the pan isn’t buttered well, the crust likes to stick so be careful removing from dish. Once they come to room temperature, you can cover and refrigerate also. I would let them sit out for an hour before serving.
- Makes about 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 (74g)
|Total Fat 11g|
|Total Saturated Fat no|
|Total Carbs 23g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our moderators to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.