- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup of butter or coconut oil (cold)
- 2 TBS cold water
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 TBS grated lemon zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup of unsweetened protein powder
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ½ tsp of xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Excessively grease a 8 X 8 glass dish to prevent sticking; or line dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl or food processor, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, and salt together.
- Cut cold butter into small pieces or squares. Pulse in a food processor, or press into dry mixture with a fork until it looks like corn meal (it is okay to have some chunks of butter in your mixture- this is shortbread).
- Add two TBS of cold water to the mixture. It should begin to loosely combine. Place in greased dish and press dough evenly into dish. It will come together when you press it into dish. Bake for 20- 25 minutes, until edges are brown, and parts of the shortbread surface lightly browns. Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, Swerve, lemon zest, lemon juice, protein powder, coconut flour, and xanthan gum until well combined.
- Pour over the cooled crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling is set. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into squares and dust with Swerve, Confectioners.
Note: Once the bars come to room temperature, you can cover and refrigerate them to store. Let them sit out for an hour before serving.
Makes about 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 square
|Total Fat 11g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbs 23g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|