- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (About 4 lemons)
- 1 TBS freshly grated lemon zest (refrigerate lemon first, and it helps grating)
- Beat butter and Swerve in an electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Add eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Slowly add lemon juice to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Remove from mixer. Stir in zest (mixture will look curdled).
- Transfer mixture to a heavy 4 quart saucepan, and cook, whisking constantly, over medium low heat until mixture thickens about 10-15 minutes depending on quality of your pot.
- Transfer curd to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap directly onto curd (this ensures a skin doesn’t form while it cools). Chill until firm in refrigerator for about 4 hours.*
*Note: You can refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 20 servings.
Serving Size 1 serving
|Total Fat 6g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3.5g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|