Lemon Poppyseed Cake
- 1 box Swerve Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line an 8 inch round cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the cake mix, coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and poppyseeds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and transfer to the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooling make the icing by beating together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Slowly incorporate the Swerve Confectioners.
- Ice the cake with an offset spatula, store in the refrigerator until ready to serve removing about 20 minutes before serving to come to slightly room temperature.
NOTE: Store refrigerated up to 5 days
Serving Size 76g
|Total Fat 21g|
|Total Saturated Fat 10g|
|Total Carbs 24g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.