- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- ¼ cup canola or refined coconut oil
- 3 TBS Swerve Confectioners
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk (room temperature)
- 2 TBSP lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 2 TBSP lemon juice (4 large lemons) or 2 tsp lemon extract
- 9 oz fresh raspberries
- Optional: 6 drops of yellow natural food coloring gives the cake a stronger yellow cake look and feel)
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBS of Swerve Confectioners
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ -1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 8” or 9” pan, and line with parchment paper (I place pan on sheet of parchment paper. Trace the outside of the pan with a pen or pencil, and then cut out circle and place in the bottom of greased pan). If you skip this step, the cake will stick to the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, oil, eggs, Swerve, almond milk, vanilla extract lemon juice and lemon zest until air bubbles form on top of the liquid mixture.
- Add cake mix to liquid ingredients, and whisk in until combined.
- With a spatula, gently fold raspberries into batter.
- Pour and spread batter evenly into cake pan. Shake the pan gently for good measure to ensure cake mixture is evenly spread.
- Place cake in oven at 350 degrees, and bake for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes loosely cover with aluminum foil (prevents over browning), and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Remove when a toothpick is inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, set aside, and remove from cake pan when it has completely cooled.
- When cake is completely cooled, run icing spatula or flat knife carefully between the baked cake and edge of cake pan. Carefully place cake plate or cooling rack on top of cake pan, and then turn cake pan over on a cake plate or cooling rack- allowing cake to come out of pan. Flip cake back over so the top of cake is on cake plate or serving dish.
- In separate bowl, with a spoon or whisk, combine lemon juice, Swerve Confectioners, and lemon zest, and mix together until well combined. Drizzle or pour (which ever you choose) on each cake.
- With an icing spatula, or back of spoon, evenly spread glaze over cake.
- Decorate cake with fresh raspberries or lemon zest, and enjoy!
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 13g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbs 22g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|