Maple Pecan Granola
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 3/4 cups other nuts and seeds (I used almonds and sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine 1 1/4 cup of the pecans with the other nuts, seeds and chia seeds. Process on high until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (some larger pieces are fine). Transfer to a large bowl and stir in salt. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and Swerve until Swerve is dissolved. Bring to just a boil, then remove from heat and stir in maple extract.
- Stir butter mixture into ground nut mixture. Stir in egg white until fully incorporated.
- Spread mixture out on prepared baking pan in an even layer. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove and let cool.
Makes about 4 cups.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our moderators to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.