Maple Protein Granola
- Preheat oven to 325F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large or medium bowl, combine oats, pork rinds, protein powder, flax meal, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add peanut butter, Swerve, and water, whisking until the Swerve has melted into the peanut butter and water. Stir in vanilla and maple syrup.
- Remove from heat, and pour half of the mixture into your dry ingredients. Mix well and use a spatula to ensure that all of the oats are well coated. Add the remaining peanut butter mixture, and mix well again.
- Spread the granola mixture over baking sheet, leaving as many clusters as you want, and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and bake for another 8 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Let cool completely before adding unsweetened chocolate chips and transferring to a storage container. The granola will still be slightly soft when it comes out of the oven, but it will harden up as it sits at room temperature and cools.
Makes 16 servings.
Serving Size about 1/4 cup
|Total Fat 5g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbs 20g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|