- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener (more if you like things sweeter)
- 1/3 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or an additional cup almond flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp water to thin glaze
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease 12 muffin tins well or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, Swerve Sweetener, protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in eggs, melted butter, almond milk and maple extract until well mixed. Stir in 1/2 cup of the walnuts.
- Divide batter between prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining chopped nuts, pressing lightly to adhere. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioner’s Swerve, cream and maple extract. Add just enough water to thin it out to a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Makes 12 muffins.
Maple Walnut Muffins
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 23g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 17g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|