Mason Jar Vanilla Berry Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened whey protein powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Swerve, Granular
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 TBS vanilla extract (use clear vanilla extract to keep cake as white as possible)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or any other milk
- Red Food Coloring (We use Watkins)
- Mason jar size round cookie or biscuit cutter 6 Pint Size Mason Jars
- 6 oz blueberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS Swerve, Confectioners
- 6 medium strawberries (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F and butter and line a 9 X 13 pan with parchment paper
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, mix together softened butter and Swerve until creamy. On medium speed add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add almond milk and mix until combined. Finally, add red food coloring, and mix into batter until completely combined (Use a 1 oz bottle of food coloring for a bright red hue).
- Pour the batter evenly into baking pans. Bake 25- 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out almost clean.
- Let cake cool to room temperature in pan for at least 30 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, Swerve, and vanilla into an electric mixer bowl.
- Mix on low for a few seconds to combine ingredients.
- Mix on high for 2-3 minutes - watching cream to ensure it doesn't over whip.
- Once cream reaches stiff peaks, turn mixer off.
- With biscuit cutter, cut out round circles that will fit into mason jars. You will need 12 circles.
- Gently place a round cake into the bottom of the jar
- Top with whipped cream, being careful not to get it on the sides of the jar.
- Top whipped cream with blueberries.
- Add another red cake round.
- Add whipped cream so it peaks over the top of the jar, then garnish with blueberries, strawberries and mint.
- Place in fridge or serve immediately
*Note: Wait until just before serving to garnish with mint, as it will turn black if it sits too long in the fridge.
Serving Size 1 mason jar
|Total Fat 26g|
|Total Saturated Fat 12g|
|Total Carbs 22g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.