Mason Jar Vanilla Berry Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened whey protein powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Swerve, Granular
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 TBS vanilla extract (use clear vanilla extract to keep cake as white as possible)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or any other milk
- Red Food Coloring (We use Watkins)
- Mason jar size round cookie or biscuit cutter 6 Pint Size Mason Jars
- 6 oz blueberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS Swerve, Confectioners
- 6 medium strawberries (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F and butter and line a 9 X 13 pan with parchment paper
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, mix together softened butter and Swerve until creamy. On medium speed add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add almond milk and mix until combined. Finally, add red food coloring, and mix into batter until completely combined (Use a 1 oz bottle of food coloring for a bright red hue).
- Pour the batter evenly into baking pans. Bake 25- 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out almost clean.
- Let cake cool to room temperature in pan for at least 30 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, Swerve, and vanilla into an electric mixer bowl.
- Mix on low for a few seconds to combine ingredients.
- Mix on high for 2-3 minutes - watching cream to ensure it doesn't over whip.
- Once cream reaches stiff peaks, turn mixer off.
- With biscuit cutter, cut out round circles that will fit into mason jars. You will need 12 circles.
- Gently place a round cake into the bottom of the jar
- Top with whipped cream, being careful not to get it on the sides of the jar.
- Top whipped cream with blueberries.
- Add another red cake round.
- Add whipped cream so it peaks over the top of the jar, then garnish with blueberries, strawberries and mint.
- Place in fridge or serve immediately
*Note: Wait until just before serving to garnish with mint, as it will turn black if it sits too long in the fridge.
Mason Jar Vanilla Berry Cake
Serving Size 1 mason jar
|Total Fat 26g|
|Total Saturated Fat 12g|
|Total Carbs 22g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|