Mini Carrot Cake
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp Swerve, granular
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (or more almond flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup packed grated carrots (about ½ medium carrot)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp water ONLY if your batter is overly thick
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp Swerve, Confectioners
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease 3 (three) 4-inch diameter ramekins very well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Stir in the shredded carrots, egg, butter and vanilla extract until well combined. If the batter is too thick to spread in the ramekins, add 2 teaspoons water.
- Divide evenly between the prepared ramekins and spread the batter to the edges. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the cakes are firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool in the ramekins, then run a sharp knife around the edges and loosen underneath with a thin rubber spatula. Flip out onto a wire rack.
- NOTE: You can do just two layers if you prefer. They will be thicker so they will take longer to cook through.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, Swerve, and vanilla extract until well combined. Beat in the whipping cream until smooth.
- Place one cake layer on a small plate and spread with 1/3 of the frosting. Top with the remaining layers and remaining frosting.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before cutting.
Makes 4 servings.
Mini Carrot Cake
Serving Size 1 mini cake
|Total Fat 24g|
|Total Saturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbs 18g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|