- 3 large eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup water
- Swerve Sweets Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 lb and half of strawberries
- 6 oz of blueberries
- 6 oz of raspberries
- 6 oz of blackberries
- ¼ cup of Swerve Granular
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 TBS pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound or 16 oz of mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup of milk or almond milk ( add this after mascarpone has been whipped in)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 pan or line with parchment paper.
- Prepare Swerve Sweets Vanilla Cake Mix according to directions on package.
- Pour batter into your 9 x 13 pan, and bake in the center rack of oven for 18 minutes.
- After 18 minutes, use a toothpick to check the readiness of your cake. If the toothpick comes out with some crumbs you are good. If it is extremely wet, then cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool completely.
- Wash and chop strawberries, place in bowl, and toss in ¼ cup of Swerve Granular. This will create natural strawberry juices for soaking into the cake. Strawberries should soak in swerve for at least an hour (the time it takes to cool your cake). Alternatively, you can pulse strawberries in a food processor 3-5 times until chunky but not pureed.
- Wash blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together egg yolks and Swerve until well blended.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until mixture has a soft roll boil.
- Boil gently for one minute. Back of wooden spoon should be coated with thickened egg mixture.
- Remove from heat, stir in a TBS of vanilla extract, and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator for one hour.
- Bring chilled egg mixture out of the refrigerator, add mascarpone and whisk into egg mixture, combining completely.
- Next add ¼ cup milk and whisk until completely combined.
- Now that all of the elements are made, grab a glass container or trifle bowl, cut 1 X 1 square pieces of cake and evenly place half of the cake on the bottom of the trifle bowl
- Next place half of pudding/custard mixture on top of the cake.
- Add half of the strawberries with Swerve created juices, then add half of the blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, sprinkling evenly across the top of the custard layer.
- Follow the steps again, and create another layer of cake, pudding/custard mixture, and fruit mixture
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours, serve, and enjoy!
Note: You can use or omit any fruit you want to, except for the strawberries because the natural syrup created by the strawberries and Swerve help soak the cake.
Makes 20 servings
Serving Size 140g
|Total Fat 20g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 24g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|