Swerve and Cinnamon Coating
- 3 TBS Swerve, Granular
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk OR unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened whey protein powder
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 TBS xanthan gum
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
Maple Pecan Sauce
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup Brown Swerve
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped, toasted pecans (350 degrees for 5-7 minutes to
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking
spray or butter.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 TBS Swerve and cinnamon. Whisk to blend, and set aside.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a small measuring cup or bowl; stir and set aside.
- For dough, combine almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, Swerve, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt; whisk lightly to blend. Cut cold butter into cubes and add to the dry ingredients. Cut in with fork or food processor until flour looks like corn meal.
- Add vanilla and eggs, and mix in until well combined. Then add almond milk/vinegar mixture; stir until dough is uniform, and can be rolled into balls.
- Use a cookie scoop or with a tablespoon, roll gently into a ball shape, give each dough ball a good roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture, then place in the prepared pan, filling the pan evenly with dough balls. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of leftover cinnamon/sugar coating over the top of the dough in the baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow Monkey Bread to sit in the baking pan for about 10 minutes before turning it out onto a serving dish or plate. To do this, place the plate upside down on top of the baking pan, and (while wearing oven mitts), quickly turn the plate and baking pan upside down. Your Monkey Bread should release from the pan without a problem.
- Once monkey bread is on serving dish, drizzle with maple pecan sauce and serve immediately.
Maple Pecan Sauce
- While Monkey Bread is cooking, make the maple pecan sauce.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the Brown Swerve, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and pecans. Stir until the Swerve is dissolved. Set aside.
- Once the Monkey Bread has been baked and plated, pour sauce on top of bread.
*Note: you may need to re-heat the sauce a bit so that it is easily pour-able.
Makes 30 servings.
Serving Size 1 ball
|Total Fat 10g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 14g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.