Oven-Baked Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 3 tbsp Swerve confectioners
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine soy sauce or coconut aminos, water, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in confectioner’s Swerve. Sprinkle surface with xanthan gum and whisk briskly to combine. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 250F and line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire baking rack over the sheet and grease lightly.
- Pat chicken wings very dry and place in a ziploc bag. Add baking powder, seal and shake until wings are well coated. Arrange wings on prepared baking rack.
- Bake 30 minutes, then increase oven temperature to 425F and bake another 20 minutes. Remove and brush both sides of wings with about half of the teriyaki sauce, then return to oven and bake another 10 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss or brush with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve hot.
Makes 3 lbs of wings. About 6 servings as an appetizer.
Serving Size 8 oz
|Total Fat 34g|
|Total Saturated Fat 9g|
|Total Carbs 8g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|