- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into two pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Bring whipping cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with Swerve and salt.
- Slowly whisk about half of the hot cream into the yolks to temper, then return the yolk/cream mixture back to the saucepan and cook until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes more, whisking constantly. Watch it carefully and do not let it curdle.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla extract. Sprinkle surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Let cool about 10 minutes.
- If pouring onto a dessert, do so while cream is still warm; otherwise, refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, until pastry cream is set.
Makes about 8 servings.
Serving Size 1 serving
|Total Fat 18g|
|Total Saturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbs 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|