- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into two pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Bring whipping cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with Swerve and salt.
- Slowly whisk about half of the hot cream into the yolks to temper, then return the yolk/cream mixture back to the saucepan and cook until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes more, whisking constantly. Watch it carefully and do not let it curdle.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla extract. Sprinkle surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Let cool about 10 minutes.
- If pouring onto a dessert, do so while cream is still warm; otherwise, refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, until pastry cream is set.
Makes about 8 servings.
Serving Size 1 serving
|Total Fat 18g|
|Total Saturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbs 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.