- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 6 tbsp Swerve confectioners
- ½ tsp peppermint extract (not oil)
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 250F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In clean bowl, combine egg whites, Swerve, peppermint extract, cream of tartar and salt. Beat on medium high until medium stiff peaks form and mixture becomes glossy. Do not beat until stiff.
- Brush 1 or 2 drops of red food coloring down the sides of a pastry bag fitted with a large tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture and pipe into desired shape.
- Bake 18 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 200F and bake another 15 to 18 minutes.
- Turn off oven and without opening the oven door, let meringues sit inside for 2 hours to crisp.
- Remove and carefully peel off parchment.
Makes about 20 to 24 servings.
Serving Size 1 meringue
|Total Fat 0g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 4g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|
|Net Carbs: 0g|