- 2 sticks of butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 2 TBS smart balance oil or coconut oil
- 10 tbsp of unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 2/3 cups of whole wheat flour or organic white flour- can also substitute 3 cups of almond flour (If you substitute almond flour- only use one and half stick of butter)
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 2 TBS Swerve granular
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups of canned pumpkin, mashed
- 1 cup of Swerve, granular
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- ½ cup half-in-half
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
For the Crust
- Stir the butter, oil, sugar, and salt together in a medium bowl until evenly combined. Add the measured flour and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Sprinkle the dough in small clumps over the bottom of a 9-1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate. Using a measuring cup or your fingers, evenly press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the plate (flour the cup or your fingers occasionally to prevent sticking). Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
For the Filling
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Then add pumpkin and beat until combined.
- Add the Swerve and salt, and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs mixed with yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter, and beat until combined.
- Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and beat until incorporated.
- Pour the filling in the pie crust.
- Bake for 50 -65 minutes until the top starts to brown and the filling is set but still jiggles slightly in the center.
- Place pie on wire rack and cool to room temperature, then Swerve and enjoy!
- Makes about 16 servings.
Serving Size 1 (105g)
|Total Fat 22g|
|Total Saturated Fat 14g|
|Total Carbs 31g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 14g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our moderators to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.