Pumpkin S'mores Cupcakes
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter + extra for your pans
- 6 whole graham crackers
- 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Brown Swerve
- ¾ cup Swerve Granular
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Kitchen torch
- Microwave safe bowl
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 marshmallows (Churro Cinnamon Smashmallows), or any mallow of your choosing.
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 cup Swerve, Granular
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 30 cupcake cavities with paper liners.
- Pulse the graham crackers into fine crumbs in a food processor. Add the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and pulse until well combined.
- Beat the butter and both Swerves in a large bowl with a mixer on medium/high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Then beat in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and mix in the pumpkin puree. The batter will look curdled. Beat in half the flour mixture, then the buttermilk followed by the rest of the flour mixture. Divide the batter evenly between the 2 cake pans. Tap the bottoms of the pans to release any bubbles of air.
- Bake the cakes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes depending on your oven. Transfer cooked cakes to a cooling rack, and about 10 minutes later remove from pans and discard the parchment paper to finish cooling completely.
- Microwave the chocolate, marshmallows, cocoa powder and ⅓ of the heavy cream in a bowl for 30-second intervals, occasionally whisking until melted and completely smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Let cool to room temp.
- Whisk the remaining ⅔ cup of heavy cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Whisk one-third of the whipped cream into the chocolate-marshmallow mixture, then gently fold in the rest with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Whisk the egg whites, Swerve Granular, cream of tartar and salt in a large heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water ( do not let the bowl touch the water ) and cook, whisking until the mixture is warm and the Swerve dissolves, 3-4 minutes. Remove the bowl from the pan. Add the vanilla to the bowl and beat with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until the mixture is cool and stiff and glossy peaks form, about 12 minutes.
- Using a large frosting tip, dig a hole out of the top of your cupcakes (you can eat these little pieces as a reward for all of your hard work thus far.)
- Pour a tablespoon of the chocolate/marshmallow filling into the holes you just dug out.
- Using a piping bag and large round tip place a dollop of meringue on top of each cupcake. Using your kitchen torch, toast the meringue.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 11g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbs 33g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Added Sugar 2g|
|Net Carbs: 13g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.