Raspberry Almond Shortbread Bars
- Preheat the oven to 325F and lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, sweetener, almond extract and salt. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Scatter the butter over top and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Transfer ⅔ of the mixture to the prepared pan and press firmly and evenly into the bottom. Use a flat bottomed glass to help you press it in and smooth it out.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing the filling.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the raspberries and water. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat, and cook until the berries are very soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sweetener.
- Sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Let cool 10 minutes, then spread over the cooled crust.
- Bring the oven back up to 325F. Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture over the raspberries, then top with the sliced almonds. Bake another 20 to 25 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely before cutting into bars. Dust with the additional Swerve Confectioners, if desired.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 14g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|