Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup whey unsweetened protein
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature), coconut oil or Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter Flavor
- ½ cup + 3 TBS Swerve, Granular
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 TBSs vanilla extract (use clear vanilla extract to keep cake as white as possible)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (room temperature)
Note: If you do not want to make from scratch you can use Swerve Sweets Vanilla Cake Mix for your cupcake batter.
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 tsp of water
- 2/3 + 2 TBS of Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- ¾ cup Swerve, Confectioner's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners - set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, protein powder and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium high speed, mix together softened butter and Swerve Granular until creamy. On medium speed add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add almond milk and mix until combined. Remove mixer bowl and stir a few times with a spatula.
- Pour the batter evenly into each cupcake liner. Place in the oven, and bake the cupcakes for 17-19 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out mostly clean; you do not want it to come out completely dry.
- Let cake cool in pan for at least 5-10 minutes. Gently remove cupcakes from pan and place on cooling rack.
- Combine raspberries, Swerve Confectioners, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir until raspberries break down, Swerve dissolves, and sauce is heated through around 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and press sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Place back on stove top at medium- low heat and add xantham gum, whisking quickly to thicken (1-2 minutes)- remove from stove top and set aside to let continue to thicken and come to room temperature.
Cream Cheese Frosting
In an electric mixer or with a hand mixer on medium high speed, mix cream cheese until smooth. The add Swerve Confectioners and beat until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and beat on medium high for 10 minutes. Provide fluffiness and helps combine flavors. Place into icing bag with icing tip of choice, and frost each cupcake.
Take individual cupcake and, with a small spoon or knife, make a hole about a ½ of an inch long and wide- can make the hole as big as you want- just want to make sure the raspberry isn’t leaking out of the bottom or side of the cooled cupcake. Place raspberry filling in hole, and then cover top of cupcake with frosting. Garnish with a raspberry and lemon zest if you are feeling wild and crazy. Eat immediately or within three days because of the filling.
Serving Size 164g
|Total Fat 35g|
|Total Saturated Fat 18g|
|Total Carbs 51g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.