- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and Swerve. Bring to a boil and cook 3 to 5 minutes (be careful not to burn it). Remove from heat and add the cream. Mixture will bubble vigorously.
- Sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk in quickly to combine. Add the salt and whisk in. Return the mixture to heat and boil 1 more minute. Let cool to lukewarm and stir in the water until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking dish healthy with butter, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil. Stir with a whisk until well combined.
- Fold in nuts with a spatula until well incorporated into the batter.
- Spread half the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Next, evenly spread the caramel over the batter in the dish. Swirl the caramel into the batter with a knife. Finally, spread the remaining brownie batter evenly over the caramel layer.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until the middle of the brownies is set and does not jiggle when removed from the oven.
- Let cool until set, about 30 minutes. Slice into 12 brownies and enjoy!
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 30g|
|Total Saturated Fat 10g|
|Total Carbs 25g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|