Simple Raspberry Sauce
- 9 ounces fresh raspberries
- ¼ - ½ cup granular Swerve (depending on the sweetness you want)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ tsp xantham gum
- 1 TBS water (optional- depending on if raspberry sauce needs to be thinned)
- Combine raspberries, Swerve, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until raspberries break down, Swerve dissolves, and sauce is heated through, 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and press sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Place back on stove top at medium heat and add xantham gum, whisking quickly to thicken (1-2 minutes)- remove from stove top and set aside to let continue to thicken and come to room temperature.
- Serve instantly, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 45 minute until serving.
Makes about 16 servings.
Serving Size 2 tbsp
|Total Fat 0g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 8g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|