Sticky Asian Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 6 tbsp Swerve Sweetener (confectioner’s works best)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine water, soy sauce, Swerve, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add sesame oil. Sprinkle surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Let cool to lukewarm.
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly grease the foil. Pat drumsticks dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper to taste. Lay in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle about two thirds of the glaze over the drumsticks and turn each to coat well. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, turning once, until chicken is cooked through. Turn on broiler and broil 3 to 5 minutes to crisp up skin.
- Remove from oven and brush with remaining glaze. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Serves 6.
Serving Size 2 drumsticks
|Total Fat 29g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|