Strawberries and Cream Layer Cake
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Swerve, Granular
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup halved strawberries (with the hulls still on if you want)
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease 3 9-inch circular cake pans well. Line the bottoms with parchment circles and grease the parchment. (8 inches will also work but you need to bake them longer. And if you only have two cake pans, simply hold back ⅓ of the batter and bake it after the first two layers are out of the oven).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with Swerve until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, then beat in half of the almond flour mixture. Beat in sour cream and water and then the remaining almond flour mixture until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cake pans and spread to the edges, smoothing the top. Bake about 25 minutes, until the edges are golden and the center is firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely in the pans, then flip out onto a wire rack. Remove the parchment.
- Place the gelatin in a small microwave safe bowl and stir in the water. Heat on high for 20 to 30 seconds, and then stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Let cool a few minutes to lukewarm (do not let it gel).
- In a large bowl, beat the cream with the sweetener and vanilla until it holds medium peaks. With the beaters still running, slowly pour in the gelatin mixture until well combined. Beat until the whipped cream holds stiff peaks.
- Place one layer of cake on a serving platter and spread with ⅓ of the frosting. Arrange half of the sliced strawberries in a single layer overtop.
- Top with another layer of cake and spread with another ⅓ of the frosting and the other half of the sliced strawberries.
- Top with final layer of cake and spread with remaining frosting. Arranged the halved strawberries over in a decorative fashion.
Serving Size 118g
|Total Fat 26g|
|Total Saturated Fat 13g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.