- 1 13.5-ounce can (about 1 3/4 cup) coconut milk
- 1 14-ounce can (about 1 3/4 cup) coconut cream
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Swerve Granular
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon Scotch, bourbon, or Irish whiskey
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 2 cups strawberries, raspberries, etc. fresh or thawed-frozen
- 3/4 cup of 75% dark chocolate chopped (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine coconut milk, coconut cream, maple syrup, and Swerve and cook over medium/medium high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a simmer- do not let it boil.
- Transfer mixture to blender, cover very tightly, and blend for 30 seconds. Pour into an airtight container, and stir in vanilla extract and whiskey, then add salt to taste.
- Cover mixture and chill in refrigerator until it is very cold (at least 45°F, about 4 hours).
- Turn on the Cuisinart/ice cream maker and pour the mixture into it, and follow manufacturer instructions. Churn for 25 minutes. Add the strawberries and chocolate to the ice cream in the last 5 minutes of churning. Stop the machine after 25 minutes, and mixture will be soft and creamy, like soft serve. Place the ice cream into an air tight, and freezer safe container and let set for several hours, then serve! I like to sprinkle fresh chopped strawberries and chopped dark chocolate onto the ice cream when serving.
- Note: If ice cream has been in the freezer for more than 12 hours, you will need to let it sit out for 15-30 minutes before serving.
Makes 5 cups.
Serving Size 1/2 cup
|Total Fat 25g|
|Total Saturated Fat 18g|
|Total Carbs 30g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 12g|