- 16 oz strawberries (stems off and halved)
- 3/4 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- Puree strawberries in a food processor
- Combine strawberries, Swerve, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until strawberries reduce a bit, Swerve dissolves, and sauce is heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and press sauce through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl to remove seeds.
- Place back on stove top at medium heat and add xantham gum, whisking quickly to thicken (1-2 minutes)
- Remove from stove top and set aside to let continue to thicken and come to room temperature. Serve instantly over a slice of peanut butter pie, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and use later.
Makes about 8 servings or 1 cup.
Serving Size 2 tbsp
|Total Fat 0g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.