- 16 oz strawberries (stems off and halved)
- 3/4 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- Puree strawberries in a food processor
- Combine strawberries, Swerve, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until strawberries reduce a bit, Swerve dissolves, and sauce is heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and press sauce through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl to remove seeds.
- Place back on stove top at medium heat and add xantham gum, whisking quickly to thicken (1-2 minutes)
- Remove from stove top and set aside to let continue to thicken and come to room temperature. Serve instantly over a slice of peanut butter pie, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and use later.
Makes about 8 servings or 1 cup.
Serving Size 2 tbsp
|Total Fat 0g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|