Strawberry Shortcake Whoopie Pies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Swerve, Granular
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Swerve, Confectioners
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries (chop them fairly small so the whoopie pies hold together)
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs, butter, almond milk and vanilla extract until the dough comes together.
- Using wet hands, roll the dough into 20 balls, each about 1 ½ inches in diameter. Place the balls a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press each ball down to about ½ inch thick.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until set and just firm to the touch but not really browned. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream with the Swerve Confectioners and vanilla extract until it holds stiff peaks.
- Spread the bottom of one cookie with about 1 ½ to 2 tbsp of whipped cream and top with a layer of chopped strawberries. Top with another cookie.
- Repeat with remaining cookies, whipped cream, and strawberries.
- Serve right away. Refrigerate any leftovers (they can also be made a day ahead and refrigerated until served).
Makes 10 Whoopie Pies.
Serving Size 1 whoopie pie
|Total Fat 24g|
|Total Saturated Fat 10g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.