Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (3-4 large sweet potatoes)
- ¼ cup milk or almond milk
- ¼ cup Brown Swerve, packed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup almond flour or all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Brown Swerve, packed
- 4 TBS melted butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a rimmed cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and poke a few holes in sweet potatoes with a fork
- Place on cookie sheet, then into oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes. They are ready when a knife slides in easily
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, and let cool for 15-20 minutes
- Slice each potato into halves from outer skins, and spoon out cooked sweet potato into a medium bowl. Warning: sweet potatoes will be hot. Once done, set aside
- Turn down oven to 350 degrees, and butter a 2-quart baking dish
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sweet potatoes, milk, Brown Swerve, vanilla, salt, and the eggs
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish
- For the topping, combine flour, Brown Swerve, butter, salt, and pecans. Sprinkle over mashed sweet potatoes mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until mostly set in the center and golden on top. Cover with aluminum foil at the 25-minute mark so flour and pecans do not burn. Bake for another 5 or 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm
Makes 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 serving
|Total Fat 16g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbs 25g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 10g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.